Traffic law ranges from drink and drug driving to disqualified driving and fail to stop. Many people don’t release the huge impact a traffic offence can have on their lives.

If you are convicted of a traffic offence it can lead to imprisonment, loss of licence which can lead to loss of employment and income.

It is important to obtain the right legal advice so you understand the disqualification periods and what penalty you may be facing.

Karsas Lawyers has extensive knowledge in traffic law and believes in making the Court process as quick and easy as possible for you and your family.

Common Questions

Q: Can I get jail time for ‘minor’ traffic offences?
A: You can be sentenced to actual imprisonment for traffic offences such as drink/drug driving, dangerous driving, unlicensed driving and fail to stop.

Q: What’s the difference between a Special Hardship Licence and Work Licences?
A: Special Hardship Licences are for loss of demerit points and Work Licences are for drink or drug driving.

Q: Can I get a work licence for drink driving?
A: You are eligible to apply for a work licence if your alcohol reading is below 0.15 and you have not lost your licence in the last 5 years.

Q: Will this go on my criminal record?
A: Drink and Drug Driving offences are recorded on your traffic history. However other driving related offences may go on your criminal history.